Destiny 2’s newest expansion, Beyond Light, launches on November 10 alongside new features like cross-generation play and faster load times on the Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5.
Destiny 2 Is Getting Some Sweet New Features On Next Generation Hardware
However, it’s going to be a little bit of a wait to get a fully optimized version of Destiny 2 on next-generation hardware. Today, Bungie detailed precisely what players can expect when this new optimization hits consoles on December 8.
Below, you can see a handy chart that breaks down what each console will be capable of after this new update for Destiny is released.
There are also a few notes that Bungie described in a post on their blog, which we have provided down below.
- We are offering Field of View customization on consoles for the first time. Our goal is to enable a FOV range similar to that on PC. We’re currently testing these settings to ensure smooth performance across each platform and will have additional details closer to launch.
- There will be noticeable improvements to things like loading the game and inspecting character inventory. However, some load times are dependent on networking and matchmaking. So, loading activities still takes time while you search for opponents.
- For cross-generation play, Xbox Series X|S players can play with Xbox One players. PlayStation 5 players can play with PlayStation 4 players.
IT’s impressive to see that Destiny 2 will be getting a field of view slider. That sort of setting is usually reserved for PC versions, but with the power of new hardware, it seems that players will have more options than ever.
Destiny 2 desperately needs faster load times because currently on the PS4 and Xbox One, loading into the game can take up to several minutes at a time. We are looking forward to an enhanced Destiny 2 experience.
- Spooky Month Brings New Festival of the Lost to Destiny 2
- Destiny 2 Hunter Revenant: Everything You Need to Know
- Destiny 2: Beyond Light Drops Another New Look During Gamescom