If you've been trying to work your way through Borderlands 3 after being incentivized to reach the endgame thanks to Moxxi's banging new DLC, then we're here to help. There are a number of main story missions that you're going to want to crack through before you even consider breaking into a casino previously helmed by a psychopath, so here's our Borderlands 3 Space Laser Tag quest walkthrough to get you moving along in the narrative.
Borderlands 3 Space Laser Tag Quest Walkthrough
So, you're up to the Space Laser Tag quest in Borderlands 3. This is the eight main story quest that you're going to find - and we have a list of the rest of them here. Once you've finished the quest The Impending Storm, you'll be automatically tasked with helping Rhys take care of a laser and the Maliwan forces that are out to get him. In terms of rewards, you'll not only be gifted with the usual money and EXP, but you'll also get the Refined Starkiller Epic pistol.
So, we're going to run down the list of objectives for this quest and also give some tips where relevant on how to complete it:
- Go to Skywell-27 with Rhys
- Fight your way through the low-grav environment - you can jump higher and further
- Work your way through the maintenance shaft and to the giant thruster
- Keep an eye out for waves of enemies then escape down the chute - you're going to have to deal with Children of the Vault enemies too
- Interact with 3 Sphere Bots that need repairing, also known as Death Spheres
- Protect the Rhysball as it goes through the complex
- Destroy machines in the Server Room by shooting barrels and dealing with Maliwan enemies
- Kill enemies en route to the Laser Control Room, focusing on the Arbalest which you'll need Corrosive damage to make quick work of
- Kill Katagawa Ball - this particular boss will swap from Corrosive weakness to Electric weakness, so swap your weapons accordingly. It uses Fire, Electric, and Ice attacks and its patterns will rotate from homing missiles to lasers and to melee stun tackles respectively. Keep your distance and use cover intelligently until you take it down.
Now that you've got our Borderlands 3 Space Laser Tag quest walkthrough on hand, it should be easy enough to power through this mission and to hand it in after once you've protected Rhys and taken out the Maliwan threat for now. Need a hand with anything else about being a Vault Hunter? Check out these tips and tricks that we've put together: